Re: Gen: Amount ot time required for success.

Ulrich,

Although I agree with your thoughts about continually needing to learn and
adjust to the ever changing environment of the markets, I'm not so sure
about never considering ones self to be successful. I think that Gween had
a better concept of defining success that allows for some degree of
acknowledgment and self-esteem,  without letting down ones guard. It goes
without saying that there must be some monetary evidence of success.
Learning to protect your capitol has to have a place in any definition of
success in my opinion.

In my mind the concept of a losing game is a good one so long as you
understand that it's just making the assumption that any position that you
enter into is going to be considered a loser until proven otherwise. When
proven otherwise it should be pursued as a winner until the market either
reaches your target, a trailing stop or mental limit.

An old friend once told me, "it's not money in the bank;" and I have always
considered it so.

Regards,

Brent

----------
> From: bullcom <bullcom@xxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Gen: Amount ot time required for success.
> Date: Saturday, July 11, 1998 7:40 AM
>
> I followed this thread with interest, but never commented, because from
my point
> of attitude, I will never be really successful. Yeah, I´m making money,
but there
> is much more I can make better. Twice in my trading career I considered
myself
> successful and with this attitude prepared for the next major downdraws.
And when