Re: Gen: Amount ot time required for success.

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Gen: Amount ot time required for success.
  • From: bullcom <bullcom@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 06:08:23 -0700

I followed this thread with interest, but never commented, because from my point
of attitude, I will never be really successful. Yeah, I´m making money, but there
is much more I can make better. Twice in my trading career I considered myself
successful and with this attitude prepared for the next major downdraws. And when
I say major I mean major.
So if I learned something it is that trading is a never ending process of trying
to adjust for the ever changing enviroment, which means, I´ll be always new to it.
So how could I ever call myself successful. Knowing that, I am careful and am
pretty good prepared for the nasty things that might come. The greatest trader I
know considers trading a loosing game - and is making millions, tens of it a year.

We don´t have to talk about not-to-trade, if you consider it a loosing game, its
just a major difference in approaching the markets. You enter and are used to
success - what could happen and happened to me at least twice big time, was that I
accepted that the market will take care of my position as always and I lost the
sight of risk, planned what part of real estate to buy with the profits and - huh-
he were´s my account?

The other side is, that the positions are an imminent danger to my financial
condition of yesterday and I am very careful about it. Sounds strange, well, did
to me, but works out to be a much more relaxing life.

Good trading - Ulrich