Re: Give me a break

I've seen more people get hot about systems and systems trading then
anything else, seems to really stir some people up. The problem with asking
for a really good losing system is that it's as hard to find an excellent
looser as an excellent winner. It only follows that if you have and
excellent loser you can just reverse the signals and now you have a winner.
This was hashed out previously on the forum. Generally, what makes most
systems fail is the human element combined with the mechanics of trading.
So if you ask for a really terrible system you are essentially asking for
someone’s really good system and very few want to do that.

Regards,

Brent

----------
> From: Rob <sp500@xxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Give me a break
> Date: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 1:54 PM
>
> Enough all ready !!!!!!
>
> I think we all know what Walk Forward means.
>
> If you don't, then you should not be trading with a system.
>
> Id like to thank Bill for trying to do something new.
>
> It really makes me laugh when someone is doing something for FREE like
> posting there systems signals in real time. Then people challenge him for
> some stupid reason. I asked for all of your help on "The Worst Stock
> Trading system" and received NO help what so ever!!!!
>
> I makes me wonder why I stay on this list.
>
> Another example of what I am complaining about, is the discussion about
the
> amount of time a person works at trading . Some of the post stated that
if
> you work for many hours then you will be successful. Well here is the
> answer. If you work for 3.34543 hours then you will be successful. Any
less
> than that and you will fail. Any more than that and your draw downs will
> suffer.
>
> Trust me I optimized this on tradstation. Oh by the way I think I over
> optimized it. Maybe we should have 27 post about my optimizing of the
time
> it takes to analyze each trade.
>
> Lets all get REAL. Lets post stuff that will really help each other.
Trust