Re: Stocks Screening

Alberto & RTers:

I seem to recall a book by a trader from CT called O'Shaughnessy (?)  called "What Works on Wall Street".  He basically took something like fifty years of DOW data and correlated all the fundamentals he could find.  I read it once, but cannot remember what his conclusions were.  Worth checking into however.

  -   Stuart

>>> Alberto Torchio <atorchio@xxxxxxxxx> 07/08 2:42 PM >>>
Dear Listmembers,

> Is there anyone using fundamental screening to spot possible stocks to buy? Or
> fundamental and technical?

Thank you to oll tohse who have replied to my earlier message about fundamental
screening: I am new to this field so I consider all your inputs extremely useful.

I think I can summarize most of your messages as follows: there is a wide consensus over
the usefulness of future earnings growth and, as a whole, all those indicators of a
company's attitutde at producing returns.

On the other hand I see little intereest for those indicators of a stock's value: P/E
price-to-book... Isn't there anything such as an undervalued company? Perhaps at the
late stages of a long lasting bull market there is little hope to find such items,
things might be different at the end of a bear market. But who is old enough to remember
what a bear market is? ;-)

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy