Re: Gen: Amount of time required for success.

"(and shutting up, and not asking any questions, and, generally, not
getting in
the way)"

To me....this means only one thing...........The market is
right.......since the market is right and always right....the only
thing to do is to be right the market......to know why the market is
doing what it is doing means nothing......why do I say that??????????

Simple....all of our human reasoning as to why  a market is doing what
it is doing is simply each human beings' "spin" on the world around
him derived from consequential evidence.....that consequential
evidence is never 100% repeatable, so to rely on it
is a "false crutch", however, there are patterns in the markets that
do repeat.........why do they repeat????  They repeat because the
markets are made up of human emotions that it seems we all
display(something about fear, greed, hope etc)...............

IF your trading only involves taking the very elementary approach of
"getting right the market", then you can move on to the more important
aspect of trading.........how do I
make money with my account size without blowing myself out of the
water...........

I know someone who has years where he can make or lose
$50,000,000(that's million)....guess what????????  He may be in a
trade for years...........He has been long bonds from the low
100's.....he has been short the yen from well over 100.............

He is "right" the market........Over the few years that I have been on
this RT list......I'll bet I have seen hundreds of posts as to why the
stock market is going to crash.....it crashed alright....only the
crash was up, not down...........sure we might get a market crash on
the downside, but guess what??????  It won't happen immediately from
the top tick.......the market will decline for a period and then try
and rally to a new high, but won't make it......then all of the
participants will start to recognize it......then it will accelerate
as market participants become full of fear(this is a repeating pattern
in all markets)....there will be a million reasons why the market is
crashing, but guess what??????  It won't matter.....all that will
matter is that you are either short the market or are

Tom Stein
comfut@xxxxxxx