In House Put/Call ratios

In a posting I made a few days back I talked about the
recent HIGH VALUE of the in-house p/c ratios that a number
of firms collect and distribute.  One of the issues was how
to collect the data when you are not a customer of the
firm.  At that time I mentioned that Schwab was in the
process of developing an internal p/c ratio.  I now have an
update and my understanding is the indicator could be ready
as soon as the last quarter of this year.  As to whether or
not they will post it on their website I think it is too
early to be certain.

I'll post more after the first week of August when I know
more.

One other issue for all of you who trade options...if you
have followed all the news of exchange mergers you are aware
that NASD and the AMEX have negotiated an agreement to
merge.  Many folks have asked if this ment that the NDX
would move from CBOE to the AMEX.  At this time the
agreement to keep the NDX at CBOE has been renewed and for
the next few years it stays in CHICAGO.