supercharts/ trading as a business.

hi,  i am just starting  and have  two questions.

1).. i intend to trade small (Part time  position trade) and still hold
down my present  job.. now  as  far as i have worked out, if i can  trade
futures as  a business  then all losses should they occurr  can be  offset
against my  other earned income ie , regular job. (which is great)  but i
have  spoken to the tax  office U.K. and one tax man said well, "all
depends if we consider you to be trading rather than investing"

I  informed them that my intentions were to buy futures contracts and sell
them on in order to achieve a profit and to do this as  often as
circumstances would allow..

I SEE MYSELF AS A INCORPORATED ASSOCIATION (sole trader)
and i  think its pretty important to try and establish that fact,  due to
costs etc i can offset, ie  computer, price feed service  etc...

so it seems i have to think of what makes a trade a trade..
rather than investing. i see investing as a long term event, but view
trading as  short term ie 3  weeks to 9 months...

i mean does it matter if i hold one trade and make 20,000 in a year, or i
make 20 or 50  trades and make the same...

Can anyone  be of  assistance ?? anyone had similar confusion..?

ARE THERE ANY PARTIMERS WHO ARE TREATED AS A BUSINESS ENTITY

2) looking for   feedback on  omega supercharts V. 4 im after software that
allows ample testing  without having to be a rocket scientist... i wil be
using bridge end of day price feed..

	thanks in advance  J.S.D.