Re: S&P Cash Wave Counts

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick email.  On what basis do you say there is no
requirement that waves 2 and 4 must alternate?  I agree that is is not
a rule according to the standard Elliott books.
>From my point of view the conclusion is completely different.  If you
are finding situations more than say 10% of the time where alternation
is not ccurring then may I suggest the wave counts you have on your
chart are most likely incorrect.  Most people label charts with 5 wave
patterns all over the place.  The truth is that markets actually form
'abc' patterns 80% (approx) of the time.  My work (based on Neely's
improved technology) shows clearly and without any question that
alternation can be regarded as a rule to be expected pretty much all
the time.  BUT...as I said in an earlier email to the group, it can
occur in many forms.  Pattern is just one of those.  In other words it
is actually quite easy to get alternation to occur, so when it doesn't
it almost guarantees that what you have labelled as say wave 2 and 4
is wrong.

Hope this provides some insight.

Adrian  Pitt

>Adrian - There is absolutely no requirement that says waves two and four
>MUST alternate. It is a guideline only and I have found more often than
>not you get into deep trouble by forcing such a count. As far as the
>fifth wave of wave-c, I would tend to agree, but since I deleted the
>chart itself, I cannot comment on the specific situation.
>
>Steve Poser

   **  FOR SUPERIOR ELLIOTT WAVE ANALYSIS ON THE ALL ORDINARIES INDEX  **
                5
               /    http://www.macquarie.com.au/menu/mnu32.htm     \
	 3   /   Adrian Pitt        Phone(work) (612) 9237-3877      \  /\
        /\  /    GPO Box 3252,      Fax         (612) 9237-6882       \/  \
  1    /  \/     Sydney, N.S.W.,    email        apitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  a    \
  /\  /    4     1043, Australia.                                           c
 /  \/
/   2            "Worry is not a sickness but a sign of health. If
                  you are not worried, you are not risking enough."