Re: Fw: Forex

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 08:29:39 +1200 "Jonathan Ritchie" <jcr@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
>Douglas, I don't trade thru CMC but have used their software in the
>past as
>a backup source of realtime spot fx prices. I downloaded their latest
>software (announced to be available at the end of January, finally
>available
>early June !) which is a beta version and appears very unreliable, so
>much
>so that even though its a free service I don't bother with the hassle
>of
>trying to log on. FWIW I normally manage the logon, the screen fills
>with
>old quotes and then thats it, no updates, no charts .... the previous
>software version appeared better but still had glitches, the problems
>appeared to start the latter part of last year.
>As for the company, they never replied to my emails (even on questions
>about
>opening an account) so my caution about sending pots of money to what
>to me
>is just a page on the www got the better of me and I decided to just
>check
>their site occasionally to see if they had got their act together.
>

>>Hello Realtrades,
>>I have a problem. Are any of you with the CMC Forex Internet?. I am
>getting
>>a hell of a time to log on . My settings for their servers were
>changed
>>(both primary and secondary), still I am not getting to log on as
>these
>>settings are returned the old settings everytime I attempt to log on.
>>Secondly, I am not getting my open positions and Daily statementsfrom
>the
>>relevant icons, are you experiencing this as I am told everyone is
>unable
>>to recieve the same. I will not proceed to tell you of what else
>happened
>>(not yet). But I will do so if I am not given the satisfaction i
>seek. I am
>>considering approaching the SFA with a complaint as I have spent
>Thousands
>>of local dollars in Tel calls and Faxes and I have found that they
>have
>>admitted their mistakes. I am seeking both professional and
>accounting
>>advice at this stage as I have complied with section 8 of the rules.
>>
>>Douglas Linton
>>Exec Director
>>IPCB/Professional exotic lumber exporters.
>>There is a free link to a company in Denmark  www.forextrader.com.They
will give real time quotes even if you are not a client.The idea is to
solicit you as a client eventually.They will also talk to you if you are
interested.I hope it will help.
Bernie
sarber@xxxxxxxx
They claim to update the quotes every 5 seconds but you must click on
"real time quotes" and then the desired commodities every time you want
to updated.