Question A

Hi all!

I was curious to find out about what traders usually do in the following

case. I hope as many as possible among you will respond, and I'll post
the results over the week end:

To respond, please hit "respond to message" and answer "option1" or
"option2" in the text body. That's all you need to do. Thank you in
advance for your participation

Question is:
You regularly trade options, by shorting puts in stocks you have defined

as being trending up. You trade ten stocks for every quarterly expiry,
and your average trade is about $1200 in profits. You are currently in a

short put options trade in a stock you believe in, however, due to an
unexpected crisis at a competitor, your position has been hurt, you are
losing $3500 at the moment.
You  are facing the following alternative, which one do you chose?

Option1: Take immediate loss of $3500, and wait for expiry to move on to

next stock.

Option2: Manage the position, by rolling it to the next expiry (and
forego the possibility to trade another stock that meets criteria),
knowing you have 40% chances to end up losing only $1900 in three months

(ie recoup $1600), and that if it doesn't work out still, you'll be down

$4500, (at which point you might still roll your position to the next
expiry)

Pick your choice...

Gwenn