Re: GEN - Options book

Glad there's a good comment somewhere!    From my identifying author as a
'broker' with that OIO outfit here is but one reply I received privately:

To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (RealTraders Discussion Group)

YES !!!!!  he burned me BAD  !!!!

Most people, I venture to suggest, start out in trading with options.
Usually buying them 'for the limited risk' and then selling them because
'ninety percent of options expire worthless'.   If they haven't been bled to
death with the former, over time decay, or been hit with the sudden move,
with the latter, that made them part of the 'ten percent' then they get
killed by the sort of hype and outrageous commissions, fax services, etc,
that abound in the world of options.

Some move on to trading the underlying where at least there is a sort of
honesty about losing your shirt.  You buy the market and it plummets...
you sell it and it goes to the stars...   Then, if you are really detirmined
you start all over again and learn to trade.  You may even use options
again - in certain circumstances.

Talking real trading for a moment...

Did you notice how the Bonds closed on the High of the day, with the S&P
falling away - promptly taking a tumble to close on the Low of the day?
Now, here in England, my Globx screen is showing the Bonds having fallen
from their High of 122 evens to their Low of the session and, guess what,
the Spoos are 5 points up at their High of the session.  It seems this
contrarian business (and the flight to quality) continues overnight...

It is 2.20 in the morning in Chicago, as I close.   Only five hours till the
Bonds open.  Have a good day...

Bill Eykyn