RE: System testing software ???

> For about $250 you can buy SuperCharts and test 95% of your
> systems (making a
> few small compramises here and there which won't effect the
> results anyway)
> Then when you're profitable you'll be ready for Trade Station.

Personally, I've found Tradestation to be excessively limiting.  Yeah,
you can add a function to it and call it, but that's not what I call
truly extensible.  My core problem is that you can't modify the way that
Tradestation decides to process orders.  Buy one contract at price A
stop limit.  If filled, set a limit order to sell it at price A+n on the
same day.  Gee... no, we can't do that.  Well, why the heck not?  I do
it when *I* trade.

It's insidious (well, it is to me because I'm paraniod).  A ubiquitous
and rigid trading system development program will yield a huge crop of
traders that all think and act the same way.  Heavens, if we encourage
groupthink in the marketplace, why, that would... that would...

*oops*

Never mind!  Y'all carry on!

:-)

Sticks