Re: Free E-mail Program

Randy Murphree wrote:

> My kids use Juno because it's free. Juno works pretty well, but has a
> major limitation for many of us. There is no way to attach files for
> transfers. I have no knowledge at all of the Hotmail program. Regards,

You CAN receive small attachments with Juno.  I think the limit is 64k, but it
could be less.  You have to save the message as a file, and then open it with
WinZip, which will decode the attachment and allow you to save it separately.  I
have a friend who uses Juno - so i've tried this and it works.  I have transferred
several GIF images this way.

Hotmail (mentioned elsewhere) is now owned by Microsoft.  Attachments are
allowed, and you can sort into folders, apply filters etc.  They have recently
modified the site substantially, and all pages now load very fast.  You can also
access your regular POP3 account thru the site.  It's a very good service for the
price(free)!

Finally, some ISP's also provide alternative POP account access thru the www -
mine included (Surfree).  Check out www.surfree.com.  This is very handy when
traveling.  $17.95 per month for unlimited time - and a $2 per month rebate for
referrals.  Let me refer you and I can save 2 bucks :-)

Bob Young