Re: live info

>Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 23:08:15
>To: ketayun@xxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Sid Berger <sid1234@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: live info
>
>At 05:28 PM 5/28/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm in the market to buy the easiest and most reliable live info to use
>>for equity trading. Just saw LIVEWIRE which I assume is the software,
>>being fed from a satellite(?). Would appreciate feedback as to 1)
>>Easiest software 2) info source, DTN, BMI, S&P Comstock???? 3)
>>internet/satellite/isdn/cable
>>
>>Thank you very much,
>>
>>Ketayun Rustom
>>

>Hi Ketayun,
>
>I am happy to respond to your RT post regarding LIVEWIRE. I have been a LW
user for five years. From the very beginning I have found this software to
be user friendly.

>The data feed can be from DTN, BMI,or SIGNAL. You can use cable or satelite
feed realtime or 15 minute delay.

>I assume that you have checked out the LW web site which gives a complete
explamtion
>of all of the features of the package.
>
>Now here are some of the things that I do with LW.
>
>1 During the first 10 to 20 minutes after the opening I run a filter that
checks for block trades of 10k or more and with a total vol of 500k or more.
Then I look for any stock that has more than 10 blocks that size or larger
within a 20 minute period.
>I have made a lot of good trades witn this filter.
>
>2 I also filter for gap openings. A large number of stocks that gap will
also continue an upward trend.

>3 You can also filter for breakouts intraday. Say a stock has been basing
and trading in a narrow range for x number of days. Filters will identify
what stocks are breaking out.

>4 There are many other filters that can be set up such as when a moving avg
has made a crossover etc.

>I am not an employee of LW or have any interest other than as a happy user.
>
>Here is one last item for you to look at. I was away from my screen this
afternoon.
>Upon return I checked LW and found that there was a signal flashing. I
checked the alarm and up came VIDA. Earlier this week I had set the alarm
that if this stock broke $5.00 to look at it. I then checked my message
board and found a message from a trading buddy that said " Hey buy VIDA " .
This was sent 1/2 hour before the market closed. I most likely wil buy it at
the opening unless to many of you guys out there run it up at the opening.