Re: DTN Feed II

Hi Earl and list members!

I agree with you.  Sorry to see such a mess.  I try to think what I'd do if I
were them.  Looks like they could spend more time on the phone or internet,
but, don't know what they would say. :-(   If they don't get it up soon,
subscribers will disapear.  I'd say most RT people are serious about quotes.
Especially sat customers.  I'm using the "stop-gap" internet quotes from DTN
and they seem to work well, but, they are no TS or WOW dt.  I've also checked
the box in the server so it won't delete stocks that haven't updated recently.
(!)

Happy Trading,

Bob Hoff

<<
 The Spacecom SBR2000 (aka DTN 8000 with 16meg DRAM and 840meg drive) for DTN
 Realtime appears to be a potential trouble spot. I recieved my first box
about
 two weeks ago and it began failing within a few days. DTN sent out a second
box
 (UPS Ground) and it failed as soon as DTN attempted to download fresh
software
 to it. I subsequently learned from DTN support that there is a whole block of
 these boxes which fail while attempting to load the operating system after
fresh
 software has been downloaded. DTN tells me they haven't been able to figure
out
 the problem. They said they were sending out a brand new box (32 meg and
1gig+
 drive) but UPS has yet to deliver it 4 days later.

 While the DTN sales and customer service people have been responsive, helpful
 and courteous, I have a fundamental problem with a company in the realtime
quote
 business sending out a replacement box by UPS Ground.

 Earl