Re: Robbins Trading... commercial list usage

In a message dated 98-05-12 11:31:24 EDT, angus@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Thankyou for all the compliments .. every new email alerts me ... I
>  responded to you personally and NOT TO THE GROUP>>> and thought since
>  we give such great service to our clients as we have been written up
>  in Club 3000 so favorably...though  it would be worthwhile for you to
>  at least  check out our website.considering everything you said
>  about Robbins... I am so sorry that you are so sensitive and hope you
>  have a better day.. Why did you post it the list.. do you feel
>  better???

Andy

           I think the reason for the sensitivity is that this list is
intended for non commercial interchange between a group of people with a
common interest, namely trading.  As such you or anyone is most welcome, but
when you see someone post and ask about a service, which is seeking info from
other traders, and you respond with what your firm offers, then that is a
misuse of the list and a violation of the rules.   If every broker out there
joined the list and did this, then that would be the end of the list.   If
someone posts and asks specifically is their a broker who could contact them,
then fine, otherwise I personally feel what you did violates the spirit of the
list.

          I would hope John Boggio is listening.

                     Pete