Re: Robbins Trading Company

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:48:48 -0700, you wrote:

>I've finally written a mechanical trading system for futures that I
>believe in.  No holy grail;  it just works well enough for me.  I
>tested it with paper trading for a while, and recently with real time
>trading.  The system does not require any discretion.
>
>I've seen advertisements for Robbins Trading Company;  Joe Krutsinger
>recommends them in his books on systems trading.  Does anyone on the
>list have experience with Robbins, or can you give me some insight on
>their reputation?
>
>Public or private responses are welcome.
>Ross Kovacs
>kovacsrr@xxxxxxx

Ross,

Congratulations!  I assume you have achieved what we "ALL" strive for!

However, I have heard a lot of negative things about Robbins, from
several people on several separate occasions at "user group" meetings
here in the Los Angeles area.  NOW, take that for what it is worth?
Who knows, they may not of even had an account with them, and been
passing on what they heard, I won't even speculate!

But, if memory serves me correctly, they have some pretty hefty fees
per RT.  Being that the case, I personally would JUST find a Full
Service broker / CTA that uses the same software as myself, or can be
programmed to his/her software, and see how that goes for a while!
Watching it very closely obviously, till I felt confident with them!

Good Luck with your system!

Jeff in L.A.
TraderGuy@xxxxxxx