Stops

BS"D

RT's

This has been a most timely and interesting discussion from which I have culled quite a lot.

I note that, except for risk/reward considerations, the participants seem to have no questions about initial stops.

As a beginner student/practitioner of short term (3-15 days) trading, I have often run into expressions like "exit aggressively as soon as it is apparent that the trade premise is violated." Isn't a primary trading premise for ST trading that once the particular trigger signal is accepted, from the initial entry point at least,  prices must move as predicted and not look back.    This would seem to imply an extremely tight initial stop for ST trades, something which I have yet to see recommended anywhere.  A couple of ticks under/over yesterday's low/high is the tightest I've seen mentioned.  Why?  Am I missing something obvious in my considerations?

Thanks,
Asher