Re: Stock Mkt.

Curt,

I remember the article but don't have it at hand (I'm at the office and my mags are at home).  But I seem to recall that the signal was infrequent but highly accurate.  Do you have the stats?

Steve

>>> Curt Fox <jefox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/28/98 08:11PM >>>
The stock market has just given a major sell signal based on "The
Titanic Theory". This theory states that if the DJIA has made a new high
within the last 5 days and more new lows than new highs are made on any
day within this 5 day period, then a primary trend sell signal has been
issued. On Tues. 4/21 the Dow made a new closing high at 9184. Five
business days later on 4/27 there were over 100 new lows and less than
15 new highs on the NYSE. Titanic Theory was written up in Stocks and
Commodities magazine a few years back. Any thoughts on this?

 C. Fox
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !