Re: MKT OPENING VIX VALUES

In a message dated 4/27/98 11:10:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
droex@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> CBOE SYSTEMS WERE DOWN AT THE OPENING TODAY>The mainframe was
> down 22 minutes and all systems weren't fully open for about the
> first hour.  Accordingly the opening VIX values are actually post
> opening numbers.

          Hi Doc,

          Was this the reason I could not get a quote on OEX puts during that
time or was it because the market was moving so fast they could not get them
opened

          This brings up another question: During that time many Dow
components and probably others where not open.  If components of an index are
not open can options on the index trade?

                                   Good luck and good trading,
                                            Ray Raffurty