Re: DATA: DTN experience

Richard Estes

-----Original Message-----
From: Erika Toth Fluke <Erika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L -RealTraders List (E-mail) <REALTRADERS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; L -Metastock
List (E-mail) <metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, March 24, 1998 3:24 PM
Subject: DATA: DTN experience

>HI,
>
>I would like to ask some questions from recent or former DTN (Via
>satellite) subscribers.
>
>1. What is the best software to connect to DTN real-time or/and end-of-day
>data?

Livewire or ensign. Window on wall street may be a player if they get it
going error free

>2. Is the software they offer worth the monthly subscription fee? (Ensign
>$29.95/month)

I use ensign and feel it provides the TA I want.

>3. In TASC yearly Bonus Issue they ended up behind Dial Data in each
>category I'm interested in.  I want to replace Dial Data with DTN.  Does
>anybody have idea why DTN placed behind Dial Data?

TASC's results is a popularity contest. Many get tied to Dial Data because
of their charting software.

>4. What is the quality of future contracts data. (Do they have continuous
>contracts?)

I don't do futures

>5. The monthly subscription fee (for equities, futures, options, mutual
>funds, bonds etc.) close or equals for delayed quotes with other providers
>EOD fees ($67).  Do I understand the fee structure properly?

I get real time on stocks for I think $112.
>6. If you left DTN, what was the reason?
>7.  Any other remark?

I have found the real time service to be fast and reliable. Signal is the
only other RT system I have used, it beats it on all counts. Maybe with
futures, DTN could be an EOD source but it would not be effective for
10,000+ stocks.