Re: GEN: Basics/Defining Trend

For those of you who are looking for a way to define trend and also
strength of trend.  Try using the 5,13,34 MA indicator used by Bill
Willams.  The way I use this indicator is to simply look at the
relationship between the 3 ma's. If the price is above the 34 ma , look
to buy, if under look to sell. If prices is above 34, and 5 & 13 ma
lines are crossing, the trend is not that strong.  If the 5 & 13 ma
lines are NOT crossing, the trend is very strong.  You can even look at
the relationship's between 5 & 13 ex: how close or how far the two are
from each other or how the two lines are interacting with each other,
can tell you how the trend is going. Using this indicator, Pivots and a
simple oscillator(Stochastics or RSI) to determine divergence as a means
to end of the trend.
    I have found this to work very well for me.  It's not perfect but it
does quite a good job for being simple.  But then again, we all know
that the more simple , the better right!

Happy Trading
Troy Pasion
wallst@xxxxxxxx