Re: GEN: Systems Are NOT Us

Micheal wrote:

- I suspect that Ric was referring to a system trader who blindly follows
the signals given by a 'computer programmed trading system' rather than a
discretionary trader who may follow a set of rules that together form a
'system'.

I would like to insert the notion of standard defenition.  in my mind a
discretionary trader uses a "METHOD", and a trader using a strictly defined -
no room for descretion - approach, is one who is using a "STYSTEM".

Perhaps using this terminology could foster a better understanding amongst
those of us involved.

Sincerely,

Kevin Miles