FUT: Why trade the S&P?

Hi all Spoo Traders!

Would any of you care to share on this forum why it is that you trade the
S&P 500 contract?

What is the magic (and I mean outside the pit) that draws you to it?  What
are the pros and cons?  What do you like about the market and what do you
hate?   Can you make a living out of day trading it from a computer or is it
really only a pit trader or position trader's contract?

While there are many who trade particular contracts or groups, like the
grains, the currencies, the energy contracts, etc and, by the same token,
some will day-trade and others position trade, etc, it does seem to me that
the Spoo is Special - and I really would love to know why!  It seems to me
that those who trade the S&P pretty much concentrate on it and I can
understand that.  The sheer size and range of the contract must almost
demand that.

I know why I trade the Bonds.   I also know why I trade the Bonds, only.
There is also a very good reason why I only day-trade and never stay in
overnight.  For me, there a many more pros than there are cons and the
reason I concentrate on it is purely for fiscal reasons.  But there are
many, many more Spoo traders on this forum than there are Bond traders and I
should love to know the attraction.

Is it just that I don't have the bank account, or that I want to keep my
bank account.  All I know is, that I have no desire to trade the S&P and I
would love to hear why those that do, do...

In anticipation or hope

Bill

Clearly