RE: What are the basics?

On the subject of the basics.  The classic EMAs, Stochastics, and RSI
Indicators used in agreement with the trend seem to work about 50% of
the time.  What about continuing to use the basic mechanics of the
classics, but update the formulas to alleviate some of the lag.  An
example would be the Jurik Research (www.jurikres.com) indicators, such
as an AMA, or a momentum or stochastics with less lag?  Would that still
be loyal to the classics?  The point of everyone using out-of-the-box
classics, and 85% of everyone is a loser, is well taken.  If updated
classics can get you in one bar sooner, or out one bar sooner, half of
the time, you might could join the 15%.

Tim Proeber
Tproeber@xxxxxxxxxx