Easy Language for Tradestation

RTers & Tom . . . Hi !

Here is a posting I have on file, from the respected Trader and
Educationalist Mr Fred Polk,
some time back, so I hope it is still up to date:-
  Cost:$45.00 (cash or check US $ ONLY)
  JAR-PAQ Computer    APutt@xxxxxxx
  5901 Cornell Blvd.
  N. Ridgeville, Ohio  44039
  (216) 353-0280

  He actually has two books now but I'm not quite sure of the price of the
  latest. Art's books are VERY helpful.

Here's detailed info on both of Art's books, plus info on a third book:

The first book, "Using Easy Language," is for the beginner to intermediate
level programmer. It starts with the very basic and necessary rules and
progresses to more complex and involved studies and systems.  Included with
the book is a diskette with all the studies and systems described
throughtout
the book.

The second book deals with just the new Easy Language Text and Drawing
Functions of TradeStation 4.0 and is for the more experienced EL
programmer.

Using Easy Language                           $45.00 plus $5.00 S&H
Easy Language Features of TS 4.0        $35.00 plus $3.00 S&H

To Order, send a check payable to:
     Arthur G. Putt
     5901 Cornell Blvd.
     N. Ridgeville, Ohio 44039

(216) 957-9336
APutt@xxxxxxx

Table of Contents for the first book, "Using Easy Language"

TABLE OF CONTENTS

CHAPTER I, THE BASICS (Rules) 1
INPUTS AND VARIABLES
EASY LANGUAGE COMMAND STRUCTURE
MATHEMATICAL SYMBOLS
RESERVED WORDS
ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
DETAIL THE STUDY/SYSTEM METHODS
DATA TYPES
COMMENTS
TYPES OF ORDERS

CHAPTER 2, THE INDICATOR
40 BAR MOVING AVERAGE INDICATOR
Input and Variable Definition
IF .... THEN BEGIN Statement
Plot Statement
DeMARKER INDICATOR

CHAPTER 3, THE PAINT BAR
40 BAR LONG PAINT BAR
40 BAR SHORT PAINT BAR
SEQUENTIAL BUY AND SEQUENTIAL SELL PAINT BARS IFF FUNCTION
REVIEW

CHAPTER 4, A TRADING SYSTEM (The Entry and The Exit)
40 BMA INTRA-DAY TRADING SYSTEM
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY AND TRADE BY TRADE REPORTS OPTIMIZATION OF
INPUTS
END OF DAY EXIT ROUTINE
STOP-LOSS AND PROFIT OBJECTIVE EXIT ROUTINES BACK TESTING
40 BMA DAILY TRADING SYSTEM
OTHER KEY CATEGORIES FOR OPTIMIZATION

CHAPTER 5, ANALYSIS OF THE TRADING SYSTEMS
ANALYSIS OF INTRA-DAY TRADING SYSTEM
Prevent Trades Late in the Trading Day Exit Trade if No Market Movement
Prevent Re-Entry on Same Bar as Exit Prevent Lunch Time Trading
ANALYSIS OF DAILY TRADING SYSTEM

CHAPTER 6, SIGNAL FLAGS AND PRINT STATEMENTS
INTRA-DAY TRADING SYSTEM
Controlling Flags
Signal Active Beyond One Bar
Price Value Variables
DAILY TRADING SYSTEM

RSI and Percent R
RSI-%R Indicator
RSI-%R Trading System
PRINT STATEMENT

CHAPTER 7, USER FUNCTIONS
CONGESTION
TRAILING STOP
HOLIDAYS
SOME CLEAN-UP

CHAPTER 8, INCLUDE SYSTEM AND GLOBAL VARIABLES
INCLUDE SYSTEM
GLOBAL VARIABLES
INCLUDE SYSTEM FOR ALL TIME FRAMES

CHAPTER 9, MULTIPLE POSITIONS
MULTIPLE CONTRACTS
SHORT-TERM PROFIT OBJECTIVE
STOP AND REVERSE

CHAPTER 10, MULTI-DATA CHARTING AND SYSTEMS
INTRA-DAY MULTI-DATA SYSTEM
DAILY MULTI-DATA SYSTEM

CHAPTER 11, ARRAYS
FOR AND WHILE COMMANDS
SELECTING CERTAIN VALUES
TREND LINES

CHAPTER 12, CONCLUSION
APPENDIX A          PEFORMANCE SUMMARY AND TRADE BY TRADE REPORT
APPENDIX B         TRADING SYSTEM ANALYSIS RECORD
APPENDIX C         SYSTEM CODE: 40 BMA 1.12 AND 40 BMA DAILY 1.06
APPENDIX D         SYSTEM CODE: INCLUDE SYSTEMS AND DLLs.

Table of Contents for the second book, "Easy Language Features Of
TradeStation 4.0"

Table of Contents
Strings
String Manipulation
Commentaries
Open - Close Indicator
Highlight Commentary Words
Conditional Commentaries
Text Message Labels
Text Message Orientation
Orders To The PrintLog
String Arrays and Multi-Dimensional Arrays Order Displayed On The Chart
Text Message Labels as Indicator Legends Trendlines with Drawing Objects
Short-Term Trendlines
Long-Term Trendlines and "Bubble Sort"
Reverse-Programming
Trendline Alerts
Summation

"TradeStation Cookbook"

Introducing the TradeStation Cookbook. This is the book that Omega should
have included with TradeStation 4.0 but didn't!

Did you ever get a CTREE Error ? See chapter 12. Do you know how to adjust
charts for holidays & shortened trading sessions? See chapter 21 What is a
Null Global Handle and can you fix one? See chapter 48.  Do you know how to
rebuild an index file? See chapter 50.  How do you fix "Unable to write
Configuration file"? See chapter 62.

If you ever have had TradeStation come up with one of these nasty little
error messages, or just wondered "How do I ..?" then this is the book for
you. If you ever tried to get OMEGA tech support on the phone on Saturday
afternoon you will know why we put this book together.  We have had many
clients come up with the same head scratchers over the years. Now you can
have the answers once and for all without waiting on hold for someone else
figure out what you are talking about. A full 125 pages. 70 different
subjects are covered. How To instructions and examples that are illustrated
in a NOT FOR DUMMIES way.

The price is $ 49.95 + $3.00 shipping.  MC / Visa / AMEX accepted and of
course satisfaction is guaranteed !

Please go to
http://www.graphfax.com/bookvid.htm
for more information and an order form.

This book is written by Mark M. Melzl an authorized Omega Solution Provider
and is neither approved of or associated with Omega Research owners of
TradeStation and the TradeStation logo.
cheers
Richard Harrisson
Aegina, Greece
"Everybody's friend is nobody's friend".
       Wm. Shakespeare or somesuch