MOTW

As I see it

The bear argument for T Bonds

If the down move in yield from Mar 97 to 12 Jan 98 IS a completed 5 wave
formation, then:

1 We had a KWR - not dramatic but intact
2 We seem to be in the early stages of a wave 3 (shown in red)
3 5.99% seems excellent support
4 Having had yields under 6.00% for two months, a change of sentiment is
not out of order

The bull argument for T Bonds

If the down move in yield from Mar 97 to 12 Jan 98 IS NOT a completed 5
wave formation, then:

1 We have spent two months in an ABC correction
2 Response to Fridays jobs data is a likely suspect for termination of a C
wave

In summary

1 Perhaps Fridays price action was simply that of "sell the rumour, buy the
fact"

2 I have more respect for S&R and KRW as indicators of market sentiment
than
my ability to count waves

Hence, I'm a bear on T Bonds while the yield remains above 5.99%, and won't
be a bull until the yield closes below 5.77%.

Positive criticism welcome!

Graham Critchley
Box 330
South Melbourne VIC 3205
AUSTRALIA

Phone      0416 171 006
Intl Ph      61 416 171 006
E-Mail      gcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\980306W.gif"

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\980306D.gif"