RE: Successful Commodity traders

>If their systems worked really well, they would not be publishing.
>Unless they needed ego-feeding.

I think this kind of thinking is just plain wrong and egotistical in
itself. I have considered developing trading systems and selling them. I
believe I can develop profitable systems. Here is why I would do this
instead of just trading these systems:

1.  I am a mathematician, and I love analysis. I love thinking up new
ideas and testing them. I also like the business processes of planning
and marketing.
2.  I hate trading. I do it, and have done it for 20 years, because I
also like making money. But I get very little kick when I make money this
way (I know the next risk is just around the corner), I dislike it
intensely when I lose, and I'm continuously worried when the trade is on.

So if I only do what I love and can do well, I'm an egotistical fraud? I
think it takes a pretty big ego to assert that just because a person
might enjoy and be talented at analysis, that if they don't also enjoy
and are talented at trading, their analysis must be a fraud.

Do you think the level of play in the NFL would be better if they
required that you could only use players who were both world class
coaches and world class athletes? Do you think the coaches are
egotistical frauds that don't deserve to be paid? Sure there are
charlatans in every field. That doesn't make everyone a charlatan.

Larry Lewis