ROC indicators

FROM:   RANDALL L. REED, 75231,2457

Re:      ROC indicators

To All,

After reading Martin Pring's "Market Momentum" I have tested some ROC
indicators in SuperCharts per his suggestions.  Using a daily bar graph
window I created three ROC indicators and put them in the same subgraph
(one) as the bar graph.  I used 7, 14, & 20 day lengths.  I found exactly
what he said to look for, and that is, a point in the graph where all 3
indicators converge to form an apex.  I found them pointed up (apex) and
pointed down (inverted apex ).  What followed in each case was a very
obvious change in the direction of the trend.  Using short Time periods
(less than a month time span in daily bars) in the window made it very
clear.   The results were the same regardless of daily, weekly or monthly
data.

What I need is someone with tradestation/SuperCharts and a bit more
experience to suggest a simple system which I can use to back test using
the apex as a buy point .  IOW an .ELA system file.  I don't have good
programing skills and have trouble writing system formulas that work (but I
am slowly learning).  I have picked up some good .ela files right here in
Realtraders so thought this was a good place to pass along what I found.

I am sending this along to my fellow Realtraders in hopes that someone is
interested enough to check out the above and possibly share their thoughts
as well as their suggestions.  I love trading and have been at it for
several years with mediocre success, mostly because I have not yet figured
out  the art of building a successful trading system.  (Looking for a good
book on building a basic trading system from A to Z ).

I have also experimented with a smoothed ROC exponential moving average
with a moving average crossover as a buy point.  Some interesting results
there as well but again because of limited understanding of SuperCharts and
programming skills I have not been able to back test.

Your input and suggestions would be most helpful and appreciated.  You can
contact me privately or through
Realtraders.

from Petersburg MI,
Randy