Re: FUTR - working at a futures exchange?

One of the benefits of working at an exchange, other than getting paid to learn
the industry, is the exposure you have to the trading community.  The trading
firm, when they have openings, will to the nearby community first to fill
openings.  I lose many of my best people to the trading community. It is almost a
"natural" progression to move from the exchange community to the trading
community.  Many of the most successsful traders and firm managers came from the
exchange community.

If youu look at breaking into trading via direct floor access it is very
difficult.  Floor clerks and runners earn almost nothing when they work for market
makers.  In fact most of the "apprentice" positions pay "ZERO" yet people line up
to get them.