Re: Promoters

diamond wrote:

> I bought several books on trading *before* I started joined this e-mail
> group, and Real Traders e-mail group. Since that time I have found out that
> several promoters out there are writing books that are probably not worth
> ones time to read, or the money. I mean those, Wade Cook type promoters. I
> personally have nothing against them. I would be doing the same thing it I
> could make money at it. For those of us who are fairly new to investing, it
> would be good to know who these people are so we could avoid their
> products. I just threw away a book by Jake Bernstein, which I understand is
> part of this crowd.
>
> My question:
> I am reading a book now by William F. Eng. Forgetting about how good an
> author he is, and if his systems work, I want to know if he is *sincere* or
> a Wade Cook promoter? I don't mind reading anyones book on investing(no
> matter how good or bad) as long as they are sincere in their investment
> system beliefs, and not just out to yank us by the chain for a few dollars.
>  Does anyone care to make a list of the Wade Cook promoter types? There are
> so many books about investment, it would be nice to weed out a few to help
> cut down on dead ends, and wasted time.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> Zane Kori
> Abilene, Texas

Great books I would recommend:

I second the notion on Computer Analysis of the futures markets by
Charles Lebeau and David Lucas--great book

Jack Scwager---Tech analysis of the Futures Market ( I forget the
correct title)

Gary Smith--live the dream.  don't know or care if his model works, the
book teaches you how to read the market.

I am reading Robert Miners book--dyanamic trading.  I am not a fan of
elliot wave, I am only reading to better understand timing and price
projection, but if you like elliot/cycle analysis and that type of
stuff, this book is the best I have seen.  Trading chaos is also good in
this respect.

Don't buy anything by Joe Ross--waste of money

Regards,

MM