Re: Brokers: Dreyfus aka www.tradepbs.com

David,

> There have been 3 short term glitches with their servers, but I was able to place
> the order on the 800 line. The only REAL problem was 10/28/97, when I could not
> get through for many hours, and after the rally really subsided. However, I
> understand it was a industry problem that day for most brokerage houses.

As of the industry problem. I am trading with Ameritrade, and had to place my orders by
phone on the 28th. since I couldn't reach the web server. I am not sure wether it was a
problem arising from Ameritrade or the phone line here since I've had problems with
these too... Anyway I had to wait some 7 to 10 minutes before I was speaking with a
broker. A friend of mine who trades with Datek reported no problems at all.

Alberto Torchio
 Torino, Italy