Re: CNBC Student Stock Tourney

I was listening to the contest with half an ear while it lasted.  Seems like a
lot of the trades of the big winners were big bets on small cap
stocks/warrants/etc. that had 50% short term trading ranges.  One of the
favorites was a stock called Ultra Fem (which certainly wasn't in any bull
market).  The second place team made an outrageous "double or nothing" kind of
bet the last day of the contest in an attempt to win the contest - and almost
won.  In any event - it certainly wasn't the kind of thing of thing you'd do with
a real portfolio - unless it was your "mad money" - I don't care if I lose it all
- portfolio.  And there wasn't any discussion of the slippage you're likely to
get trading these kinds of securities for real.  Robyn