Re: Sentiment - less bullish

Pete,

>Surely these 356 did not change their minds over the weekend.
>The larger universe of readings point elsewhere.  See the last
>Barrons.

I am just reporting the results I get. As has been pointed out here before,
this is not a scientific study. I don't control who enters the
contest/survey. In fact, I don't really know who they are other than their
email address. And I have no idea about correlations with other sentiment
surveys.  One thing that certainly contributes to disparities is that my
survey is more timely - I publish within hours instead of days or weeks.

I don't have much data, I have only been running the survey since last May.
But I think that I have generated some interesting data already. For
instance, look at the times when the one week bullish number has been
greater than 60%: 10/5/97 and 8/8/97.

>In the meantime we have a trading range in the stock
>market.  There is a strong need to take a pause.  Today's
>indices support this.

All depends on the time frame you are looking at. But the daily chart for
the SP500 sure doesn't look like a trading range to me. We do a lot of
short term analysis on the stock indexes. You can take a look at our web site.

best,
Jeff

jwalker@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.lowrisk.com