Re: channel breakout

Robert,

This was the exact style of Lateral Trading: Taking small profits and
adding to losers.  Maybe commodities do have different properties, but what
do you define as Historic lows. Lows in past 5 years (there goes Gold
trades), 10 years (there goes most commodities).  Anything further and what
do you get to trade?

David Hunt
http://homepages.tig.com.au/~adest

----------
<realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Subject: RE: channel breakout
| Date: Monday, February 16, 1998 12:40 PM
|
| Sorry, but it is clearly written in the Wiest's book not to
| trade futures and equities and other financial instruments
| that may be influenced by other circumstances than simple
| supply and demand. As far as I am aware Victor Neiderhoffer's
| approach was not even close to 'scale trading' and if you recall
| he has lost on equities and financial instruments. Meanwhile, a
| commodity is something that is not physically affected. Gold will
| be gold and hogs will be hogs even in 300 years.
|
| Though you can attempt the trades at historical lows, do not
| risk to much, and take small profits on pre-set scale instead of hoping
for
| a big windfall. It may not be the bottom, yet. Surely
| no one knows what actual low will be the time you trade. Scale trading is
| not a dollar averaging strategy (though may look
| similar at at the very first glance) and should not be confused
| with it.
|
| Robert
|
| The truth is out there...

| > |
| > | Bill and Traders,
| > | 	This leads me to ask what you think of the scale trading system in
| > Robert
| > | Wiest's "You Can't Lose Trading Commodities". I don't have the book
yet,
| > | but I am ordering it. You can find a description of the book and
trade
| > | potential at http://www.elder.com/bookpages/WIEST_YO.html. Any
tie-ins
| or