Re: Trading System Design-choppiness index

snipped

> I would like a system that can also catch those large moves in addition
> to taking the small chunks. Maybe there is a different way to make a
> hybrid of a volatility breakout and a trend following system?

This is where trading mutiple contracts really helps. Trade Mid Am
contracts if need be.

The traders that I  personally who I know make money all use this
approach. Psychologically it is much easier.

For example you could exit the first position at a profit target of some
kind.
Then you will still be in the trade on those occasions when the market
starts to trend.

Ray Barros has explained the rule of 3 ie. breaking your position down
into multiples of 3 contracts.

 Another