Re: Hand Plodding

At 08:35 PM 2/14/98 -0500, Donald Thompson wrote:
>Paul Cote wrote:
>>
>> It would be relatively easy to chart by hand using point and figure
>> charting and cnbc quote.
>
>I used to do it by hand before computers... I did the Hurst envelopes.
>It took awhile to do five or six charts.  I would get a feel for what
>would happen .. but oh is it slow.
>
>I can't imagine doing it by hand intraday.. how would know if you missed
>that spike.    /////
>                ..
>
>Don

Don:

I agree totally.  I could do that if I believed only one
item was worth investing in.  I could keep track of it
on temporary wallpaper, by hand, if all I watched were
porkbellies (can you picture what my living room would
look like?) or the Yen, or only the DM or only the OEX.

Funny thing I do find myself thinking more and more about
OEX and less about the MYRIAD of instruments these days.
INFORMATION OVERLOAD!  But thank somebody for the computer
which is a giant multiple crayola with plenty of newsprint.

Pete

petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx