Re: Gen: Automatic Versus Hand Plotting

At 08:17 PM 2/14/98 -0500, Paul Cote wrote:
>well, yes, I don't really want to have to learn eliot wave myself I find
>it hard and it complicates things much more.  There is the primary count
>and then of course, well it must be the alternate count.  This person
>though does use eliot, but that is not when he wins.  Then, he goes back
>to kagi.  Where does he post his chart? He uses black and red pencils
>and posts it on a graph paper I believe.  Graph paper could be the most
>underrated trading material around. If you are using a stochastic or an
>ema, then you ought to stick with computers I believe. Just a thought
>though.
>
>Peter Namtvedt wrote:
>>
>> At 07:08 PM 2/14/98 -0500, Paul Cote wrote:
>> >interesting, but I know one at avid traders who tries all the smelliott
>> >wave and other things but always comes back to kagi which is a lot like
>> >point and figure.  At the end of every hour, he posts his chart using
>> >the close only.  It works for him.  Basically it is like point and
>> >figure.

>> impossible to

Gary
>> data

>> Ray:
>>
>> Your lingo sounds a bit similar to mine a few months
>> ago.  It should be kept mild ("smelliot"?).
>>
>> Anyway, who is this guy who keeps coming back to "Kagi"
>> and where does he post his chart each hour?
>>
>> (and now we'll hear from the peanut gallery about the
>> pro's and con's of candlesticks.  Well that would be
>> fine, haven't heard from those proponents/advocates
>> for some time)
>>
>> I believe in exponential averaging and stochastics.
>> A propos comments on "leading" vs "following"
>> indicators, EMAS can be a leading indicator.
>>
>> MACD can help.
>>
>> Pete
>>

>> petena9090@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ray

It was just that "post" seemed to suggest "announce to
the community."

I guess if someone trades using newsprint and crayolas
that's great.  But meanwhile if s/he has something to
share with us, we don't get it.  We can't see the private
charts.   I'ts another matter if what you meant to say is
that Elliot Wave theory is being practiced successfully.
We know what that is.  But I have not heard of "kagi."

Has anyone else?  Maybe you, Ray, will enlighten me, please.