Re: Jeff Cooper Trading Method

----------
From: wmurray <wmurray@xxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Jeff Cooper Trading Method
Date: Sunday, February 08, 1998 2:28 PM

If any of you have bought Jeff Cooper's book "Hit and Run Trading", and are
implementing his strategy, could you share your thoughts on his trading
strategy and how well does it work?! Thanks

Wiley Murray
wmurray@xxxxxxxx

Wiley,

Although this question has been asked and answered here a dozen times, I'm
glad to share my experiences with you and the group.

I've read the book and back tested most of the trading signals Cooper
demonstrates.  Most to the stuff is just fluff filler to the book.  The
real meat is the tried and proven expansion breakouts and 50 day MA
crossover.  On their own they are OK.  However, if you join the two
indicators at the hip, you have a more powerful indicator.   The reasons
should be obvious.  High range, high volume, and intraday volatility, big
money moving in and out.

I been using it for years to screen day trading candidates.

Yankee Trader in Texas