MKT: sentiment - bullish, but not extreme

Traders,

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 2/2 through 2/8 on our web site.

Number of participants: 345

30 day outlook:

56% bullish,  36% last week
20% bearish,  25% last week
24% neutral,  39% last week

percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 2/13: 8095   (it was
7937 last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Bullish sentiment jumped 20% higher to 56% last week. Bearish sentiment
dropped 5% to 20%. The neutral camp fell to 24% from 39%. This rise in
bullishness is not very surprising given last weeks strong performance by
the stock market. Most of the bulls gains came from the neutral category.
It appears not that many bears were convinced by the rally. Although a
bullish reading of 56% is high, it is not extreme yet. We usually consider
60% as a warning sign for the market.

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

regards,