MKT S&P 500 1/28/98

Realtraders,

  Last week we began discussing the S&P 500 as part of the "Market of the
Week" feature on Realtraders.  I apologize for not starting off this week
with a new security but I guess it is not too late to begin another topic
of discussion regarding the S&P.  The reason why I chose to revisit this
market is because it is becoming increasingly interesting to follow....We
may be on the verge of a breakout to the upside.

  Attached is a 60 minute chart of the Cash index and what I would like to
point out is that we are just below the blue downward sloping trendline
that connects the previous highs since December.  This trendline has
provided significant resistance to this market and if we can get above it,
it should begin the first leg of a continued rally back to the old highs in
this market.

  Obviously, if this market can DECISIVELY exceed it old highs, it would
portend a strong rally in the US and possibly world markets that could last
several months.  At this point, it is too soon to tell but I thought I
would give you my findings at this time and that over the next few days, we
should pay particular attention to this downward sloping trendline.

Other opinions are encouraged,
 John Boggio

Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\motw0128.gif"

RealTrader's HomePage
http://www.RealTraders.com
during those periods.  Thanks (See below)
In the Subject box type:   Realtraders Digest
'Body' - To turn ON digest, type:   set realtraders mail digest
                                        or
'Body' - To turn OFF digest type:  set realtraders mail ack