RE: Getting started in stocks

Denise -

I assume you're investing and not daytrading. In which case, you don't
want to pay to much for the asset you're buying.

I recommend getting started with any or all of the following:
What Works on Wall Street by James P. O'Shaughnessy (ISBN 0070479852)
How to Make Money in Stocks by William O'Neil (founder of Investor's
Business Daily, describes his C-A-N-S-L-I-M method)
National Association of Investment Clubs stock picking method.

I'm also kind of partial to a couple of rating services: TrendVest, with
their market neutral strategy, and VectorVest (both with the expected
named websites).

Finally, I think Zack's or First Call's ratings based on expected
earnings and changes in analysts recommendations are probably worthwhile.
They just charge too much for me to buy their historical data to be able
to backtest.

BTW, as far as software and data services, check out www.quotes-plus.com
and their scanning software - it's fast and neat. Also AIQ.

Gee, that should keep you busy for a year (and cost a couple thou.)

Larry Lewis