Re: Mechanical Trading

Jim,

Everything you state is basically correct. CFTC is also accusing Greg Regan
of acting as a CTA. IMO, he has simply authored some excellent software,
and he refuses to optimize or change it from its original form, although
some traders claim to have made changes to some of the systems that make
them perform better recently. I have found, as many of you have experienced
also, that slippage works both ways, and pretty much evens out. Many of
their clients, including me, are planning to provide testimony in R&W's
behalf. And yes, no 1st day stops in the Spoo can be nerve-racking, but
it's not as dangerous since they halved the contract.
Drawdown can be a serious problem, but if one is a methodical position
trader, it must be accepted as a business expense(although very frustrating
to a customer who buys the system at the beginning of a draw-down period).

Steve