Re: GEN: Attachments

Brad and RT'ers,

  Most of the attached files sent through Realtraders that ARE VIEWABLE are
usually either .gif or .pcx. These two files can almost always be viewed by
MSFT Internet Explorer, NSCP Navagator or other programs such as MSFT
Paint.  Further, sometimes you may see an .ela file which is associated
with Omega's Tradestation and usually contains some form of system
programming code so you will need that program to run the file.

  Finally, sometimes you will see .vcf file, YOU CAN IGNORE THIS TYPE OF
FILE.  It is usually associated MSFT's personal email program (Outlook, I
think) and does not have any relevant information inside it.

Hope this helps,
John Boggio

At 11:32 AM 1/15/98 PST, you wrote:
>In the past few weeks, I've received several RT messages that were
>attachments with no explanation text.  I just spent a fair amount of
>time trying to figure out how to open the most recent attachment message
>from "Austowne" under the "Astro-trading" thread.  Since it was an
>attachment, I figured it probably was a graphics file or some other
>complex file - after finally getting it opened, I discovered it was just
>a few sentences of simple text.
>
>I'm fairly new to RealTraders -- I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amount of
>RT e-mail I get, and it's hard to find the time to plow through it all.
>So, if I receive a mysterious attachment with no explanation as to what
>type of file it is and how to open it, it's pretty tempting to delete it
>and move on to the next message rather than spend the time puzzling over
>what to do with it.
>
>I'd be surprised if I'm the only one bothered by this, but if I am, just
>tell me to quit whining.
>
>Brad

RealTrader's HomePage
http://www.RealTraders.com
during those periods.  Thanks (See below)