GEN: Attachments

In the past few weeks, I've received several RT messages that were
attachments with no explanation text.  I just spent a fair amount of
time trying to figure out how to open the most recent attachment message
from "Austowne" under the "Astro-trading" thread.  Since it was an
attachment, I figured it probably was a graphics file or some other
complex file - after finally getting it opened, I discovered it was just
a few sentences of simple text.

I'm fairly new to RealTraders -- I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amount of
RT e-mail I get, and it's hard to find the time to plow through it all.
So, if I receive a mysterious attachment with no explanation as to what
type of file it is and how to open it, it's pretty tempting to delete it
and move on to the next message rather than spend the time puzzling over
what to do with it.

I'd be surprised if I'm the only one bothered by this, but if I am, just
tell me to quit whining.

Brad