A Lesson In Buying Books

Real Traders:

In regard to the "code" mentioned as necessary for a discount at
Trader's Press, here are the details:

Call the telephone number (1-800-927-8222) and ask for "extension 146."
This is the "code," which will put you through to someone who will give
a 15% discount. There is also "extension 145," which was apparently
arranged by Eddie Kwong, but this is for 10%.

This worked out rather well for me today. After shopping around the
internet, I found that the book I wanted was $145 retail at most
outlets, including www.elder.com and www.traderslibrary, which did not
offer a discount.

At Trader's Press, (www.traderspress.com), the book was already marked
down to $99, and I got the 15% discount on top of that. This worked out
to $84.15, down from $145. I thought that was pretty good. Of course,
these books are always pricey...

Amazon was a good bet, but they didn't carry this particular book.

Shortly after, I received this email from Sandra Shuler, marketing
director, in regard to a previous inquiry.

Dear Mr. Rayner:

We previously had an agreement with Real Traders that gave all of their
customers a 10% discount.  In the past few months, we have franchised
our
on-line bookstore and realtraders.com is setting up a store within their
site.  This discount agreement is no longer a part of our new agreement.
However, since you are interested, I will honor the discount.  Just send
your order information directly to me at this email address.

About shipping...we ship airmail to Canada: $8.00 for the first book and
an additional $2.50 per extra book added.

Thank you for your inquiry and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Sandra Shuler
Marketing Director
Traders Press, Inc.