Re: ANALYST vs TRADER

-----Original Message-----
From: Gwenn Gautier <Gw.Gautier@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, January 11, 1998 9:16 AM
Subject: ANALYST vs TRADER

>wmurray wrote:
>>

>>     ---------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> I would appreciate any of you experienced traders who use technical
>> analysis to determine market direction to share your insight with us
>> newbie traders. Please share also what TA indicators you find the most
>> usefull along with any other trading tools you use. All of your
>> comments for us newbies will be appreciated.Please close by indicating
>> what your indicators show for Mondays 1-12-98 market direction. Thanks
>

>What makes you think that determining market direction and
>chosing indicators are relevant in making money trading?
>
>If you look for these, you become an analyst, not a trader.
>
>Gwenn Gautier
>
>Gwenn:
    So what, so your an Analyst!  The point is it makes money by knowing
what direction the trend is going.  Have you never heard one of the oldest
sayings known to man kind:    "THE  TREND IS YOUR FRIEND"?
    Call us what you like, we determine what the trend is and then buy on
retracements of that trend. Using two minutes bar charts we are extremely
successful with this method.  If we are not traders, then we are analyst
with a short time span (our trades last no more than two to 10 minutes,
usually).
    So, WMurray, you are correct in your thinking about trends as far as we
are concerned.  Try using the MACD and DMI, they should help.
Regards,
jdfo
jdfo@xxxxxxxxx