GEN: correlation update - Excel

>PS:  I am not quite sure what the formula '=correl(A$3$:D$5$,A3:D3)'
>actually does [besides, the $ signs are not put correctly in this
>example,
>it should be like '=correl($A$3:$D$5,A3:D3)' ]. Could you please
>specify the
>formula again, I get an #NV error with this formula. Thank you.
Thomas, Thanks for your help. I was trying to figure out how to do this
and could not get it. You are right about he formula I posted. It is
incorrect. I have a bad habit of not proof reading my emails before I
send them. The formula should be  "=correl($A$3:$D$3,A3:D3)" with column
"A" open, "B" high, "C" low, and "D" close. The "$" sign fixes the
reference for the cells you are comparing to. When you drag this formula
down the column next to your data the second part of the formula will
reference the succeeding (or preceding) 3 days data and give you a
correlation reading to those three days. your explanation provides a much
simpler and quicker way of looking at different patterns.

Thank You
Ron McEwan