Re: Steve Fossett

Yes, he had his own firm for several years until the crash.  Doctor OEX
probably knows him since his business was all stock options at the
CBOE.  The firm had some traders who tapped out in 1987 crash and the
firm couldn't keep up their capital requirement so it was bought by
First Options of Chicago.  I don't think that event had much impact on
Steve's personal wealth though.
I don't know what he is doing now though (other than balloons).
Seemed like a great guy the 2 times I met him.

Eric