Re: Stocks vs Commodities

In a message dated 97-12-31 07:15:37 EST, droex@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Just so you know 30% of options expire worthless and over 60% of option
 traders, when asked, consider themselves successful.  Your post just
 repeats some common pieces of misinformation. >>

       Well said Doc.  I think Jimmy (I owne gold) Rogers started this, or at
least spread it on CNBC.  There may not be any statisticks available on this,
but I have often wondered how many of that 30% are happy to let the option
expire worthless because they have used them to hedge a portfolio (cheep
insurance) or made good money on the other leg of a spread.

                             Good luck and good trading,
                                      Ray Raffurty